Flare, Flare, Flare

Its been a week for pain. I've written about my flare up over the last few blogs and how its been a testing and intense time. Luckily its not the same every month but one in every few flares, it feels like its never going to end. It drags on and just when you think its easing up, it smacks you back round the face again.

Yesterday was our second North Essex Endometriosis UK support group. I woke up in pain but was determined to get myself to the hall as I had been looking forward to it. I was slightly later leaving home that I wanted due to feeling nauseous and struggling with cramps. But I took pills and got myself in my car. I made it across town in good time and parked up down the road from the hall. Just as I got out of the car, I felt horribly dizzy and faint. I grabbed a post by the side of the road and got myself into the passenger side of my car. What the hell! I was so close, please body don't let me fail so close to getting to the group!! After a few minutes of deep breaths and taking on some water, I attempted to go for the second time. I headed into the hall and was greeted by the women I'm now pleased to call my friends.

I felt pretty awful for the whole 2 hour support group but I was so glad I went. Barry Whitlow was very informative and answered everyones questions. Some of the information was scary, most of it I had heard of before but some was new (like people losing kidneys to the disease, eyyyyy!!). The time flew by and before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye for another month.

I was asked by one lady if I was okay with knowing that I won't be having children naturally and having a hysterectomy so soon. I honestly don't think anyone can say they are "okay" with it. But I know, especially when I've had weeks like the last one, your quality of life is so important. So no I'm not okay with it, but I need to be able to live my life too....

A x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Womb-less

30th June

"How are you feeling?"