To my Ma

I'm very lucky to have a supportive family and my Mum plays a big part in that. We all say how wonderful our Mums are. Especially when Mothers Day comes around. Facebook is full of messages of gratitude saying how much we appreciate them and all they do for us. And its no different with my Mum, so I thought I'd write a blog for her instead.

To my Ma,

When I was younger I always had the dream to have my own family and bring my children up the way you and Dad bought Laura and I up. We were always so fortunate growing up, visiting places that others weren't as lucky to go, doing things that others wanted to do. Having younger parents was always a massive bonus because we got to do all the cool fun stuff!

We were lucky to have you around as much as we did. And still thats the same today. I don't know how I would get through all the trips to the hospital without you. The endless sitting around whist Mr W runs late for appointments. The days of my operations sitting by my side whilst I freak out with nerves. You may not see it but you do help keep me sane on those days.

Sure, we don't always agree. I annoy you. You annoy me (haha). Thats how it should be! But I know you will always be there for me.

I hope you won't mind me saying on here that you feel a sense of responsibility for my situation and that you wish you could change it for me. But its no ones fault. What you are responsible for is making me the strong independent girl that I am today so that I can tackle this disease.

Life is much easier having you there with me. You are the best Endo Mum I could ask for. I really do appreciate all you do. And I love you. So thank you.

Lots of love
Your Youngest Daughter x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Womb-less

30th June

"How are you feeling?"