Ginger & Ice Cream

I've been researching and also speaking to some of you about what you do to ease some of the symptoms that Adeno and Endo present. One in particular is nausea. For a while now I've described it as having morning sickness. Bit of a bad joke considering thats what you get when you're pregnant!! But for a while now I've woken up feeling sick and by lunchtime its usually worn off. Some days it can last all day but it seems to be a common morning thing.

Upon speaking to fellow sufferers and through my own research ginger is of course known to help with nausea. I've tried ginger tea before but it can be time consuming to make in the morning before work. However, ginger shots were recommended as something else to try. 

I've looked into recipes for the famous ginger shot but whilst I was in Waitress this morning, my bestie noticed they did them there. So for £1.50 a shot, I thought I'd give them a go. They taste great! I've got together a couple of recipes to try over the next couple of days, one is a carrot, apple and ginger juice. The other is a mango, pineapple and ginger smoothie. I've also ordered 15 ginger shots online for the days I don't get time to make one. Fingers crossed they help! I will of course let you know how I get on.

The other fantastic find I've had recently is Perfect World dairy free, gluten free and no added sugar ice cream. The caramel pecan one in particular is sooooo yum with a chopped up banana added in there too. We all deserve treats, even when we're trying to cut out or at least down, on some items in our diets.

Hope you all have a pain free and enjoyable long Easter weekend.

A x





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Womb-less

30th June

"How are you feeling?"