Just keep smiling...

When I woke up this morning at 5.30am and knew I was still in pain, I was heartbroken. I didn't want to waste another day feeling sorry for myself under a blanket in pain. When I went downstairs and my Bestie asked how I was feeling and I responded saying the same, her response was "you don't look unwell". She followed on by saying I was always smiling and its only since I started this blog that others really appreciated what this disease was putting me through.

I've always been pretty discreet about it all. I've never wanted to be seen to complain and I've never been particularly forthcoming with the details on my illness unless someone asks. For most people, the mention of anything that involves "womens stuff" is enough to put them off asking any more questions.

I am feeling a bit better today, I can see light at the end of the tunnel (or this flare up at least). I'm still poorly, but not like the last few days thankfully. I've got a couple more hard months to get through. The Doctors have decided to stop my Prostap injections as they seem to be causing more problems rather than good. So for now I need my body to come out of the menopause that it had started to go into, and the hormones need to rebalance and settle again.

A lot of people are suffering, and everyone has their own stories to tell. Just because they may look okay on the outside, doesn't mean they aren't fighting their own battles on the inside.

As Bex said, just keep smiling, its part of what makes you feel better, its what helps get you through the day...

A x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Womb-less

30th June

"How are you feeling?"