Its not an Excuse!

One thing I was worried about with going public with my disease was peoples perception of me changing. As mentioned previously, I don't want to appear weak or incapable of doing things. I don't want people to think I am using my disease as an excuse for not meeting up, or pulling out of a gym session, or not getting into work for the day.

Every day I am determined not to let this disease shape my life. I am determined to get up, get dressed and go to work on a daily basis. I am determined to get up at 6am and go to the gym and work out because I enjoy it. I am determined to see the people I love, and live each day to the best that I can.

Sure, there are days that the endo and ade do get the better of me. There are days when I have to text my manager saying I can't make it into the office today. There have even been days that I've been sent home because they can see I'm in pain. Yes, I don't get to the gym as much as I used to and my nutrition isn't as strict as it could be. And there are days I spend alone instead of going to see my loved ones.

But this disease is not an excuse. And what is even worse is when someone else uses it as an excuse for you. Hell no! If I refuse to use it as an excuse, no one else is going to use it on my behalf.

I know some of you are thinking, uh oh, Hulk Amy is back. But she's not. I'm just frustrated. Frustrated that I got lumbered with this disease. Frustrated that it stops me doing what I want. But most of all, frustrated that people don't take the time to understand the implications this has on us women.

Its not an excuse. Its our lives.

A x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Womb-less

30th June

"How are you feeling?"